RSR Social Services Zone

RSR Social Services Zone


RSR Human Service Zone is committed to providing quality, efficient and effective programs, which improve the lives of the residents of Ransom, Sargent, & Richland Counties (Formerly County Social Services).

Local offices in Lisbon, Forman and Wahpeton administer and advise on the following program areas:

  • Fuel Assistance – Low Income Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
  • TANF-Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
  • Medical Assistance
  • Food Assistance (SNAP)
  • Child Care Assistance

Apply for services

  • Child Protection Assessments
  • In Home Case Management
  • Foster Care Case Management
  • Child Protection Intake—To report child abuse or neglect, call: 1-833-958-3500  Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 PM; or report to local law enforcement after hours.

If you are interested in learning more about becoming a licensed foster home, please reach out to one of the following:

  • Children and Family Services Training Center (CFSTC)
  • Phone: 1-833-FST-HOME (1-833-378-4663)
  • Online Link

For Home and Community Based Services for the elderly & disabled.

  • Homemaker
  • Respite Care
  • Personal Care
  • Companionship

Childcare licensing is required for anyone providing care to more than 5 children or more than 3 infants under 2 years of age. Licensed providers can participate in the Child Care Assistance Program, if they care for children who qualify, and the USDA Food Program. For more information or if interested in becoming a licensed provider please visit the ND DHS site HERE. Parents seeking licensed childcare can access information regarding local providers by accessing the Find Child Care link on the Child Care Aware of North Dakota website at: https://www.ndchildcare.org

The Aging & Disability Resource link provides current information on opportunities and services available statewide and nationwide, and connects individuals to services to help them maintain or improve quality of life.

Contact ND ADRL at 1-855-462-5465 or visit their website HERE for more information.

To File a Vulnerable Adult Report online Complete Report Form or call 1.855.462.5465 Option 2.

Non-Discrimination Statement

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online HERE and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
Email: program.intake@usda.gov
For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online HERE
To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.